My logos artifact is a picture of my acceptance letter into Texas Christian University. While this acceptance letter may at first seem like it doesn't appeal to logos, I would disagree. Throughout the history of my family, not a single person has ever been accepted into a top university, let alone received a degree. The artifact itself doesn't tell the whole story, however, with a bit of explanation it can be noted that being the first in a huge family, I knew the tough facts to get into the school, can provide the evidence and explain the reasoning.
My mothers family alone consists of 9 girls all of which have either dropped out of High School or dropped out of college. Growing up, I knew that I couldn't have the same type of attitude and work ethic if I wanted to get into a professional career via a degree. I also knew that to get into that career a degree from the University of Phoenix wouldn't work out too well. So during my time in the Army I worked extra hard, disregarded the naysayers in my family who aren't big advocates of education and did what needed to be done.
The letter of acceptance shows that I'm on a different path then the Brown/Rollins family and I have the knowledge of facts to motivate and assist me on this path so I don't stray. While it does not prove that I will graduate, it provides the evidence that I am on the right path not commonly found within my family.
Will I found this very interesting because I picked the same artifact but as an ethos appeal. What I really liked about you choosing this artifact though is that you made me realize that this artifact also has a logic appeal to it. Logically you would assume from you acceptance letter that you are indeed a hardworker and that you did what you had to to get into TCU.
ReplyDeleteThis is a perfect logos artifact. I still have my TCU acceptation letter- but its at home somewhere. You and your family must be very proud of your TCU acceptance.
ReplyDelete