One thing that both responses to my observations had in common were that I didn't highlight enough of the actual encounters between the workers and customers. I observed and noted the act, but didn't go into enough detail to answer a question such as, "How well did the worker respond to the unwanted drink". I think when I go again this Friday, I need to highlight these reactions because they are certainly rhetorical appeals.
I noted that one person was unsatisfied with their drink they ordered yet didn't include each other person who placed an order because I assumed it was correct. Next time I think I'm going to note the expression of each person to gather whether they are satisfied with the product rather then assuming that because they didn't complain it must be good.
I also should have included more observations of the actual premises such as the walls, decorations, etc. I had planned this visit to observe the people, the establishment as a whole and the employees and could have included more info. To the viewers who check my notes, they might not be able to paint a full picture because I didn't concentrate on that.
I think a large emphasis could be placed on the actual orders of people next time as well. If more people were to buy food rather then coffee it could be a interesting appeal to logos as their main product is coffee and their advertising rarely highlights the food they have.
As a whole the service of the workers was well noted but still could have used a few more fine details. As I discussed the tables were dirty yet I didn't include that they stayed dirty the entire time even as I sat at them. This also goes back to the actual exchanges between each employee and customers as the service is a whole not just a few acts.
No comments:
Post a Comment