I expect to find different things at different times. On a Saturday night I expect to find less of a business sense, and more of a casual social theme. On Monday mornings though I am fully expecting for the business sense to be the majority.While I've been in Starbucks many times and call myself a customer, I wouldn't say that i've gained the ability to actually assume what type of people Starbucks attracts.
One of the pre-conceived notions that I carry is that Starbucks is mostly popular with the White middle and high class. I'm hoping that this notion can be shown to be wrong by observation. Perhaps certain races only go to the coffee shop at certain times, perhaps they don't go at all. I'm excited to see what results this observation will produce.
I am actually very jealous I didn't pick Starbucks as well! Or at least a differently located one. I literally go there weekly and if the bookstore counts as a real Starbucks then daily.
ReplyDeleteThis is really funny because I studies abroad in London this summer and in my consumer behaviour class we had to write papers on a top company. Before I knew it, the girl next to me chose Starbucks then I couldn't think of anything. A week went by and I begged the professor to let me do starbucks as well. My London residence was around the corner from it so I went every single day so therefore I felt as though I had the best credibility to write the paper.
Starbucks is such a good place to make observations. There's a wide variety of people who go there and it will be very interesting noting observations.