Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Unit 3 Proposal

My team and I came up with a great topic and some great ways to make an argument for it. The issue we chose to enter the conversation of is the NFL fining players for helmet to helmet hits. Our stance on the conversation is that the NFL is becoming soft and needs to go back to its roots of good hard hitting football. Our primary audience's are Roger Goodell, the NFL's Commissioner, NFL fans and the NFL players themselves. In addressing these different audiences we have three different ways to reach them. We will write a formal letter to the Mr. Goodell expressing why the fines are excessive and some other preventative measures in addressing player safety. We want this letter to be formal and informative because he is the commissioner. NFL fans, we think we can reach with a billboard ad showing our stance on the fines we feel are making the NFL soft. Finally in addressing the NFL players we will make modified jerseys showing what the league will turn into if we keep fining players for playing good hard nose football.
The only thing I see being a problem for my group is that we have some grand ideas but I'm not sure if we can accomplish all of them. The team gets along great and given enough time and effort we will be very successful.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm excited to see what these Jerseys look like, and a billboard will be awesome, but it might be a little tricky to say your whole stance in just a couple words and a picture. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete