I'm currently the Project Manager for my group in my Business Information Systems class and i've experienced alot of problems thus far. While there were many things instituted beforehand to prevent problems within the group, i've not yet seen how they really can help. I have a 5 person group that was in charge of creating a mock company, analyzing the industry and proposing an investment plan. I've noticed that many of the times when we try to meet after class I hear the "I have Tennis practice everday" or "I'm traveling here". I'd say 70% of the time i've attempted to get together with the group 3 of the 5 (who are all friends from another country) never show or can't make it. It's put a massive burden on me and my other group mate who has stepped up to make up work for them and basically do all planning and designing ourselves.
I think to combat this using class time, peer evaluations and the Prof staying active within the group will prevent some of this from happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment