Irritated is the first word that comes to mind when describing my first week. While I have thoroughly enjoyed the campus, each of my classes, the professors and the students I have been extremely overwhelmed by family commitments and the parking situation here at Texas Christian. While both may seem to not be related, there is a strong connection with both to my mood for the week.
Having just moved here from Hawaii, I don't really have all my personal affairs wrapped up and i'm lacking the stability that I crave. My wife just began her job this week and since we only have one car at the moment I have been like a taxi cab for her, taking her all over Fort Worth. Normally this wouldn't be an issue as I don't really mind driving however combined with the current situation with the lack of parking it's become increasingly frustrating.
Each day this week i've had to drive from Keller to my wife's office and drop her off around 8 AM. My first classes unfortunately start at around 11 on MWF and 12 on T-TR, so driving back home and getting stuck in traffic isn't an option. So there I wait for several hours each day, bored out of my mind until class starts. Once class starts I breath a sigh of relief only to learn that right after class I have to leave my well earned parking spot to drive my wife somewhere. Needless to say, that parking spot I held no longer is available upon my return. It's been a frustrating week...
No comments:
Post a Comment